CTI (THE COACHES TRAINING INSTITUTE) has been teaching co-active coaching for more than 20 years. The founders, Karen and Henry Kimsey-House, are among the pioneers in the development of coaching as a profession. The co-active coaching model provides an all-encompassing approach that goes far beyond career coaching.
Co-active coaching is a non-directive, dynamic and holistic method, in which doing and being, thinking and feeling are equally taken into account and thus the chance for real transformation is much higher.
The co-active coaching training programme is accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and stands for highest quality and professionalism in training and practice of coaching.
The CTI model is based on and influenced by the following approaches:
• Humanistic Psychology (Maslow, Rogers)
• Client-centered communication (Carl Rogers)
• Gestalt (Fritz & Laura Perls Goodman)
• The Human Element (Will Protection)
• Positive Psychology (Martin Seligman)
• Emotional Intelligence (David Goleman)
ACT: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Stephen Hayes)
• Cognitive behavioural therapy
• Adult education
• NLP elements (reframing, mirroring)